Friday, May 11, 2018

Psam 3 Preserving with Peace

Another Friday again! Without God, our life is hard, day after day,  week after week, year after year. It reminds me of Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food." But this morning Psalm 3 refreshes my soul. King David wrote, "1. Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! 2. Many are saying of my soul, 'There is no salvation for him in God.' 3. But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory,  and the lifter of my head. 4. I cried aloud to the Lord and he answered me from his holy hill. 5. I lay down and sleep; I woke again,  for the Lord sustained me. 6. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.  7. Arise, O Lord! Save me, my God! 8. Salvation belongs to the Lord." King David fled from Absalom, his son who wanted to kill him and take the kingdom.  Though David lamented his painful situation (Psalm 3:1-2), he trusted God's protection and expected Him to answer his prayers (vv 3-4). The king didn't lose sleep  worrying or fearing what could happen, because he trusted God to sustain and save him. We may be tempted to give up or wish to escape when we are weary and cannot see the end of our current battle. But, like David, we can learn to trust that God will hold us up and help us rest in His constant and loving presence. Dear God, thank you for preserving us and sustaining us with your power and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment