Monday, July 10, 2017

I have been reading Jerry Bridges' book, Trusting God. He says, "God has designed His eternal purpose so that His glory and our good are inextricably bound together." I believe this is in part what Paul is describing, in addition to the gospel itself, when he refers to the mystery eleven different times in his letters. Ephesians 6:19 says, "and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,".Our good was certainly accomplished at the cross, when Christ defeated sin and death. His glory was also accomplished at the cross, when Christ defeated sin and death. This is the essence of the gospel: Christ's death for our sins, and his resurrection for our life.

Dear Lord,

You are my God and Savior. Great is Your faithfulness, Lord, unto me! Be glorified in my life today and every day! I am blessed to know that You not only care about Your glory, but equally greatly about my good, and doing what is best for me.

Prayer List:

My own growth and holiness.
My wife and that I would be a gently, loving, unselfish husband.
My children:
- Matt: Your continued mercy toward him, and that he would come to trust in You.
- Mark: Your continued mercy toward him, and that he would obey You and put You where you are: first!
- Luke: Your guidance for him, and Your continued protection of him and April. That they would as individuals and a couple desire to know You better.

Community Group:
- Ron: health
- Lilah: job at Kirkwood Music Store
- Betre: job at MJ
- Yemmi: job and certification exam
- Andy: job - wisdom for education decision for Grace
- Sandy: homemaker - wisdom for interactions with Grace
- Nanette: helping Leif, esp. during and after surgery

Job:
- Paul: testimony, health, rest, peace
- Grace Chapel: health, spiritual growth, new pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment